Building Products Inc.
Silver Sponsor, 2017 Parade of Homes
Building Products Inc. was founded in 1957, servicing its customers from the Dakota Warehouse building in downtown Watertown, SD. Operations moved to a new warehouse in 1959, which had been constructed on Highway 212. In 1975, the territory expanded with the purchase of Lumbermen's Supply Company of Sioux Falls, SD; that same year the first computer system was implemented. In 1980, the corporate offices moved from the warehouse to its present location at 405 1st Avenue NE in Watertown. In 1984, Building Products Inc. expanded again with the opening of Building Products Inc. of Iowa located in Waterloo, IA.
In 1990, the Watertown warehouse was consolidated with the Building Products Inc. of South Dakota warehouse in Sioux Falls, and in 1991, Building Products Inc. Forest Products Division opened its warehouse four miles north of Watertown on Highway 81.
This credit union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration. Equal Housing Opportunity.